Quick! Downton Abbey is on fire and the family can only grab 5 things to save. (I’d give them more, but this was a Daily Prompt, and the limit was 5.) Assuming Isis, Pharo and the family are safe, here’s what I imagine them taking:
- Estate-addition plans. They were planning on building on anyway, but they’ll need plans more than ever after the fire.
2. Mrs. Patmore’s recipes. Specifically, the one for raspberry meringue pudding.
3. Books from the shelf. Some are probably first editions not covered by fire insurance.
4. A favorite painting. Again, probably not covered by fire insurance.
5. Picture of Michael and Sybil. Because (SPOILER ALERT) they’re dead.